I was on twitter during the whole conference throwing out my thoughts. Here’s a straight copy and paste of what I had said. Mind the language if that’s not your thing.
NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT
* The EA conference starts off with Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion. Looks like fun. Out Nov. 16th.
* I’m also found the Hot Pursuit NFS games to always be the best of the series. This doesn’t look disappointing.
* This redwood forest track reminds me of a similar track from Hot Pursuit 2.
DEAD SPACE 2
* Dead Space 2 with screenshots. It’s not my type of game, but looks good for fans of it. Looks even better in game.
*The sound effects sound really nasty which is a very good thing for Dead Space.
* More of Dead Space 2 promised at Sony’s conference.
MEDAL OF HONOR
* New game from a franchise last seen 3 years ago. What could it be? It’s Medal of Honor.
* Live 24 player on stage demo. I see a tech goof coming up.
* MoH is out Oct. 12th. Problem is that it looks like Call of Duty. I don’t care for that game either. Beta on Xbox, PS3, PC on June 21st.
* EA Gun Club announced.
* It’s a rewards program with a terrible name. Pointless!
BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 – VIETNAM
* Battlefield Bad Company 2 expansion pack announced for Vietnam war.
EA SPORTS MMA
* EA Sports MMA talk with Peter Moore who will likely lie more about the EA Online Pass.
* EA Sports Live Broadcast shown with MMA footage. It isn’t anything I care about.
* I don’t see the point of making a “hype video” when it’ll just become a racist rant as if we don’t get enough of that on XBL.
EA ACTIVE 2
* More lame exercise with EA Active 2.
* Active 2 is on all platforms obviously being the same on Wii, using PS Eye on PS3, and Kinect on X360.
* This being on Kinect is redundant with what Microsoft already showed in Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.
MADDEN NFL 11
* Madden 11 is claiming to be simpler and deeper. I’m seeing it as more of the same.
* Joe Montana on stage with Peter Moore.
* I totally lost on what Montana and Moore are even talking about. What happened to just showing the game and it speaking for itself.
THE SIMS 3
* Sim 3 = Me not caring
* Again what’s this guy talking about? Nobody interested in The Sims cares or wants to hear this nonsense.
* The Sims 3 on consoles got a very tepid crowd response.
* John Riccitiello calls out Insomniac, Respawn, and Epic for joining up with the EA Partners program.
* Crysis 2 gameplay footage being shown. It looks fantastic as I’d expect no less from Crytek.
* I just may be on the look out for this on the PS3.
* Crisis 2 joins the 3D craze with a version that’s compatible for each system.
* Cliffy B out with a couple of devs from People Can Fly talking about Bulletstorm.
* I honestly feel that if it wasn’t for Epic helping out that Bulletstorm wouldn’t get the attention that it deserves.
* I will say that it’s nice that EA has firm release dates set for a majority of their games.
* Did one of the Bulletstorm characters just say “You just scared the dick out of me?”
STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
* Star Wars: The Old Republic on now. I’d like there to be less Star Wars, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
* BioWare presents “Hope.” Huh?
* An interesting trailer, but not being a fan means it does nothing for me.
* I was surprised that nobody from EA even brought up the Online Pass. It was probably for the best.
Overall much better than MS put on. Sure there were some slow boring parts, but still lots of good stuff came from it. Highlights for me were Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit followed by Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm.