Space Suplex podcast episode 31 brings you chat from Matt and Mike on WWE 2017 shows:
* NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III
* the finals of the Mae Young Classic
* No Mercy
* Hell in a Cell
We also talk about our first live show experience being at a local American States Wrestling Alliance show. The results of that show are as follows with my photos of the event below that.
* Dalton Kingsley d. One Punch Panther
* #1 Contenders Elimination Match for the ASWA Tag Team Championship: Kid Collins & Kenny Hendrix d. The Overlords and GQ Status & Random Pain
* Mr. Myers d. Papa Dingo
* Loser Must Retire Match: Jimmie Lee d. Johnny Paradise
* Casket Match for the ASWA Universal Championship: Robby Collins d. Manson Crane(C)
* ASWA Tag Team Championship Match: Better Than U(C) d. Buzzsaw & Kyron
* Triple Threat Match for the ASWA Heavyweight Championship: Toby Cline(C) d. Sless Taylor and Izzy Lambert
* Ethan Wright d. Billy Gunn
* Billy Gunn & Izzy Lambert d. GQ Status & Random Pain
It’s a new beginning here on the Space Suplex podcast. To celebrate our first match back after returning from retirement, Matt welcomes Hart & Usagi Podcast co-host Mike to take the wrestling reigns and give his thoughts on recent WWE PPV events since getting back into watching the product.
We chat about Great Balls of Fire and Battleground, plus our predictions on the current lineup of matches for this year’s SummerSlam and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III.
Two weeks ago a package unexpectedly, but also expectedly, arrived in the mail. It was from my Space Suplex podcast co-host @24bitAJE. Without charging me a single penny, Anthony graciously sent me five WWE Blu-ray releases spanning from 2012-2014.
First up is The Best of Sting and Ultimate Warrior: The Ultimate Collection. Both are 2-disc sets for each of the former Blade Runners, if you will. The next one has almost all of the around 30 War Games matches that WCW presented from 1987-2000. The great Dusty Rhodes gives some of his thoughts on what went into putting these crazy matches together in War Games: WCW’s Most Notorious Matches.
Finally, there’s two volumes of ECW Unreleased. The use of the term “unreleased” is kind of a misnomer. It seems to only apply to the ECW Championship match at CyberSlam 2000. Regardless, I’m sure both volumes will be enjoyable.
On a separate note I picked up Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse on PSN during their recent flash sale for $5.
Anthony and Matt return to the airwaves with their thoughts and comments on recent shows of WWE Battleground and the Smackdown Live Draft. Also, they talk about the news of Brock Lesnar at UFC 200 and the outcome. Plus, we touch on what PPV shows to bring back.