In episode 91 the new Mortal Kombat 11 shows that loot boxes aren’t needed to have a fun game, Google’s expectations for Stadia don’t live in the real world, and Becky and Jennifer stop by to chat for a bit with each other.
Enjoy and remember to subscribe via RSS or iTunes and follow the Hart & Usagi Podcast on Twitter!
• I own a number of Spider-Man games, but I’ve only really played Ultimate. Of course, Insomniac helming this new entry does seem promising.
• So much VR talk these days. It’s like the days of motion controls and stereoscopic 3D in gaming. I feel the need to be against it simply because it feels like it’s being forced on me. Utter crap, I say.
• I only played a little bit of the first Resident Evil. Despite that I have an appreciation of that game because of how much of an impact it had on the industry. I haven’t had any interest beyond that.
• I’m the same. I just want to read reviews of The Last Guardian. There’s nothing more they can really show.
• As I mentioned on the podcast, I don’t understand exactly how the Crash Bandicoot games can be legit remasters. You’d think it’d look particularly bad at a higher resolution than the original game releases. I’m fine with being proven wrong, but it feels simply like too much like a Halo Anniversary style of “remaster.”