I was on twitter during most of the conference throwing out my thoughts. I had missed Killzone 3 and an announcement for the Sly Cooper Collection (think God of War Collection), but otherwise I saw everything else. Here’s a straight copy and paste of what I had said. Mind the language if that’s not your thing.
* Move talk as expected. Hopefully it’s at a minimum.
* Move: You’re in the game. No! Ahhhh!
* Not showing me the same things again? Wow a company with a brain.
* This is Harry Potter based on the look in the very least.
* Character changes to a rat gets an applause. I’m scared of them now. :P
* Get your Harry Potter knock-off next Spring. (lol)
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 11 MOVE SUPPORT
* Move for Tiger Woods golf. This will likely be good time for a break.
* Swing the club already!
* They’re piping in fake ass golf claps. It’s kind of annoying.
HEROES ON THE MOVE
* Heroes on the Move, eh?
* Six of Sony’s characters, but nothing really explained. Fail!
* Kevin Butler comes out and gets an applause.
* KB wants to focus on the games. As do I!
* Move in EU Sept. 15, NA on Sept 19. Details here.
* New Time Crisis quickly announced for Move.
GOD OF WAR: GHOST OF SPARTA
* God of War: Ghost of Sparta teaser shown. Looks great as usual!
* They’re really glossing over the PSP stuff. Despite what they say things don’t seem to be changing on that platform.
* PSN talk with 50 million users.
* The Tester has another season. No! That was crap!
* LittleBigPlanet 2 with Alex Evens on stage now. I will likely not be getting this. I didn’t play the original all that much.
* LBP2 has pointless minigames. I’ve seen those before. :(
* I gotta say that I’m over the look of LBP. It doesn’t appeal to me anymore.
* A slam on Xbox about charging for online play.
* PlayStation Plus gets you early demos/betas, special themes and the like. 3 mo. for $18 on low end. More info here.
* I’m not going to be purchasing the optional PS Plus.
MEDAL OF HONOR
* That guy has got to be the one on the Medal of Honor cover. (lol) Mega beard!
* Unlockable breads! The guy on stage said that he did so with his 20 mins. ago. (lol)
* MoH multiplayer maps shown. Again, it looks like Call of Duty. Not interested.
* A PS3 exclusive HD version of MoH Frontline? Give me now!
DEAD SPACE 2
* Dead Space 2 exclusive pack with Extraction on Move announced.
* Gabe Newell in on the Sony stage with Portal 2! Never say never! Wow! Not expected.
* Gabe still needs punched for his previous comments, in my opinion.
* First brief look at Portal 2.
FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE
* Brief video of MMO Final Fantasy XIV. Great if that’s your thing.
ASSASSIN’S CREED: BROTHERHOOD
* Multiplayer beta only on PS3 for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.
* I’m not sure how Assassin’s Creed will play against others. Doesn’t seem like a good fit.
* Another one of the many multi-game hype trailers.
GRAN TURISMO 5
* I’m not a fan of Gran Turismo, but I’ve always been amazed with the realistic graphics.
* It looks like the main character Cole with added hair for a better look which is good for a change of pace from the bald look.
* Surprise is…
* Twisted fucking Metal!
* David Jaffe and Scott Campbell on stage with Sweet Tooth! :D
* Online gameplay shown played by Jaffe and Campbell. Looks great as expected!
Overall I was pretty impressed by Sony’s showing this year. They had an okay start for me with a bit more on Move than I wanted, but Kevin Butler’s appearance was welcome and funny unlike Joel McHale for Ubisoft. Gabe Newell’s segment where he was finally humbled in front of a live crowd was great after hearing him talk trash for years. I loved the final showing of Twisted Metal.