I was on twitter during the whole conference throwing out my thoughts. Here’s a straight copy and paste of what I had said.
CHILD OF EDEN
* Ubisoft conference opens with weird hand motions for on screen effects.
* Opening was Tetsuya Mizuguchi playing Child of Eden on Kinect.
* Joel McHale back to present again this year. Hopefully he’s better this time.
* Again with the dissing of controllers. It’s like a cuss word now.
ASSASSIN’S CREED: BROTHERHOOD
* New Assassin’s Creed announced with trailer. Placed in Rome this time.
* Ezio is back and this time everybody knows about him.
* Nov. 16th release date with the subtitle Brotherhood.
* PS3 gameplay shows a lot of building destruction. Impressive visuals.
* I don’t know how I exactly feel about Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, but the crowd definitely liked it.
SHAUN WHITE SKATEBOARDING
* Next up we are shown a trailer for a skateboarding game with Shaun White. He also appears on stage with unfunny McHale.
* They’re talking about White’s career. Not interesting.
* Is it just me or does all of McHale’s jokes fail outright?
* The camera in the PS3 gameplay footage looks to be too far down near the ground.
* I don’t understand the point of being able to create phantom rails to get higher than normal.
* Why are there people playing laser tag in the audience?
* I’ve been waiting for this? How do they know such things?
* Does that say Battle Tag?
* They did a terrible job of selling that game. I still don’t think they ever said the name of it.
* Don’t bother with anymore jokes, McHale. You are BOMBING is conference out!
* I’ll just pretend I didn’t see Innergy or whatever it’s called.
* Kinect titles being shown for skiing, soccer, and football. *sigh*
* We already saw a Your Shape demo at Microsoft’s conf. and I didn’t care then.
* For me to get excited you REALLY need to not be showing this right now!
* Please have her go over and punch the two guys on stage. That’s the only way I’ll enjoy this.
RAVING RABBIDS: TRAVEL IN TIME
* The Rabbids return in a trailer that has Back to the Future style text.
GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER
* New Ghost Recon trailer shown.
* Xbox gameplay of Ghost Recon: Future Solider up now.
* The invisibility camo looks pretty neat.
* The general gameplay looks fun. It’s also jumping on the 3D craze as well.
DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO
* Looks and sounds like a ’70s racing game.
* Ah. I see it’s Driver: San Fransisco. I’ve never cared much for the series and I’ve only played the first one.
* Characters of Tanner and Jericho are back and the dev. claims it’ll feel like the original game. Also has licensed cars.
* The player has the ability to jump from car to car similar to how Battlefield 2: Modern Combat did from soldier to soldier.
* Ubisoft CEO Yves out to show three new projects in awesome broken English. :D
* Project #1 is “Project DUST” Yves calls it a game, but that trailer didn’t make it look like one.
* New 2D Rayman game shown in a trailer.
* Subtitled Origins, it looks to be a downloadable title.
* New game called ManiaPlanet. Comprises of Trackmania (racing), ShootMania (FPS), QuestMania (RPG).
* Ubisoft ends with a Michael Jackson game!
* Can they get on with it? I don’t need to see their poor man’s version of the Beat It music video.
* Nevermind. That last segment was completely random and entirely pointless.
Overall it started off good, but started to go downhill with the puzzling start to the Battle Tag segment. It picked up slightly with the new Ghost Recon game, but then ended with no reasons given to why they played and danced to an MJ song.