The Sega CD came out to play for the second day of Retro Revival Week with Final Fight CD. I was looking to finish this game, but after two tries on Normal and Easy I figured I’d move onto something else.
With all of the talk at E3 of exclusives, that something else was the Sega CD version’s Time Attack mode. I didn’t fair too well, but I did try the mode back-to-back with both Cody and Guy. I was able to get the beat-’em-up action on film for you all to see.
RETRO GOODNESS FROM OTHER PARTICIPANTS
* Usagi704 shows the head-to-head battle with me in Mortal Kombat II.
* Darkbeat plays the awesome SNES shooter Wild Guns.
* dr4cul4 calls on Dick Tracy for some Master System fun!
I hope you enjoyed the video and make sure to check out these other wonderful RRW participants above. Have a fun Day 3! I know I will with RayStorm. Retro rules!
I was on twitter during most of the conference throwing out my thoughts. Here’s a straight copy and paste of what I had said. Mind the language if that’s not your thing.
* Ubisoft conf. begins. TMNT: Smash-Up and Avatar from the intro got cheers.
* Joel McHale opens with jokes that fall completely flat and are Championshit!
* I love some of your films, James Cameron, but you aren’t impressing anyone. They’re thinking; “Just show the game already!”
* Let’s hear it for Cameron’s talk stopping!
* Just in case anybody is confused. Avatar is not the same as Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was confused at one point too.
Red Steel 2
* Swing it as if it was a sword? Geez thanks for that. I would’ve never figured that out. Ubisoft must think we’re all idiots.
Academy of Champions
* Pelé? Who? Doesn’t need an introduction my ass.
* If I didn’t look up this guy, I wouldn’t have known the game name. They finally mentioned it. Academy of Champions.
Splinter Cell: Conviction
* Slower, less exciting Splinter Cell demo than the one at Microsoft’s conference.
* Splinter Cell got the biggest pop so far.
Tween Games 2.0 and Imagine series
* Casual gaming part has started. Guaranteed to be full of suck.
* The only thing I’m Imagining right now is my boredom. Oh wait I don’t need to imagine it since it’s happening now.
Rabbids Go Home
* Inflating parts of the Rabbids only makes the weird things even more so.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up
* The trailer for TMNT: Smash-Up used “Brawl” twice. Not surprising in the least. Actually it’s pretty smart.
Assassin’s Creed II
* The Assassin’s Creed II trailer was shown suddenly, but it was appreciated as a show closer.